Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

Fingerprints etc...

Well, since Friday, we've had our first visit from our social worker (which is the only one we'll need, we found out, since we've already done a home study with them) , gotten fingerprinted and sent in our prints to the Clerk of the Court.
Which, in itself, isn't a HUGE deal, but let me explain...
Since this whole adoption "started", I've been kind of in the clouds about it. It was not "planned" and kind of just came about as a big surprise. So, when people have asked me about it for the past month or so, I don't even feel like I'm talking about myself. I feel like I'm talking about someone else. I guess I just really haven't gotten used to the idea that we're doing this again yet.
So, to be totally honest, I haven't really been that motivated with all the paperwork that goes with adopting.
With Mia, I was 100% ON IT and did everything that I could to speed it up. I almost felt desperate to bring her home...
But this time, I don't feel that same sense of urgency for some reason and it's confused me a bit. I've had moments where I've wondered if this child is really for us? Is this actually supposed to happen and is he actually supposed to be our son? Was I wrong when I saw his picture for the first time and had that "feeling"? Or, is it just going to take some time to get used to it all?
It was hard trying to sort it all out and I still feel like I'm continuing to do that.
BUT, with all of my lack of motivation and being slow about getting everything done, this adoption has continued to move forward and it's starting to show me that maybe this IS meant to happen.
Before I even sent in our application to Three Angels or Oasis (our home study agency), our social worker called us to set up an appointment. THEN, she called to reschedule it for a week sooner. This, without any effort on my part. I didn't even have the paperwork ready for her! But, she said just to send it in when I do.
So, we had our first visit with her and I really had NOTHING to do with it! It went really well and was really just a formality, since we've had many visits with them for Mia in the past.
I did call a fingerprinting person to set up a time for her to come out and do our prints and we had an appt. scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm.
Well, she called me this morning to confirm because she hadn't written down our appt. day or time so I told her Tuesday at 2pm.
Well, at 2:30pm TODAY, our doorbell rings and it's HER! She got it wrong and thought it was today...and if she had arrived 15 minutes later, we wouldn't have been home, we would've been picking up Mia from school. AND, she told us she had forgotten her cell phone at home, so she wouldn't have been able to call us!
So, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............perfect timing/coincidence?????? I think not.....
So, I have a feeling that God is trying to reassure me that indeed, this is meant to be and that I should start to get motivated and get my butt in gear with all this paperwork so we can get our boy home! He knows my innermost feelings and thoughts, even when I can't quite express them or even understand them myself and I feel like He knows what I need right now and is supplying that for me. Which, is what He's good at, right?
So, here we go! I'll keep going if He does....(and we all know that He never gives up or stops helping us....) So, we're in for a ride...and I think, slowly, I'm getting more prepared for it.
Eric and Helayna are going to Haiti to Three Angels orphanage in November with our church , so we get to go shopping and send some stuff with for Sebastian! I'm excited and think that this will help me to feel more connected to him....(shopping has that effect on me!!!)


That's what's going on with us....
We would appreciate your continued prayers....for us, our paperwork and also, for Sebastian.
Love,
Michele

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! You have so much done!! we have so much stuff for our home study, we are hoping to have most of it done at the end of this month! We just have to wait on my birth certificate since it is out of state, otherwise homestudy stuff should be almost done. i go to the doctor on thurs and will hopefully get my letter. Everyone else has theirs..... Way to go, you are super organized and on a roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you! We have been shocked at our "coincidences" as well. Funny thing, our fingerprint lady did the exact same thing. She showed up a day early, and I had just talked to her a few hours before to make the appointment for the following day. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to your feelings here, Michele....I felt that overwhelmed/numb feeling where I couldn't even focus on the paperwork. It took a long time for me to get it all together. I just focused on one thing at a time-one item on the list. Because when I looked at the whole list, I got overwhelemed and froze up. When I tackled things 1 item at a time, it was do-able and then, it was done.

    So keep on keepin' on. God will provide what you need when you need it. And have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete